Day to day I help people make the right decision about real estate investments. For some of us, a dream home isn't bricks and mortar, it's a safe and peaceful environment. It is for those members of our society that I've chosen to donate a portion of every dollar that I earn to the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation. The Shelter Foundation is dedicated to ending violence against women and children.
In addition, I have raise money an awareness for the RLP Shelter Foundation through a personal challenge. My goal was to break the record for the most number of ascents of the Grouse Grind in a single day. A goal that I achieved in 2008, 2009 and 2010.
I reached my goal of 13 ascents in 2009, 14 ascents in 2010 and raised over $20,000 for the RLP Shelter Foundation. I also managed to bring the charity the most amount of media attention that it had ever received.
Royal LePage Shelter Foundation
Woman and her Child by Semeonka
A home should be a place of safety, security and comfort. Sadly, for thousands of Canadian women and children, this is not the case. That’s why we started the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation, a foundation which helps local shelters provide a safe haven and new beginnings for more than 30,000 women and children annually.
The Royal LePage Shelter Foundation is the largest public foundation in Canada dedicated exclusively to ending violence against women and children. Royal LePage pays the costs of administration so that 100% of all money and effort goes toward helping local shelters and supporting violence-prevention programs.
Every year we donate more than $1 million through agent contributions, the generous support of our brokers and the fundraising activities of the Royal LePage network. Royal LePage real estate agents have raised more than $7 million since 1999.
We receive such strong support because:
- Royal LePage is the only Canadian real estate company with its own charity, empowering agents and sales reps to make a positive difference on both a local and national level.
- Our foundation is the largest public foundation in Canada dedicated exclusively to supporting shelters and ending violence against women and children.
- Many Royal LePage offices across Canada partner with a local women’s shelter to provide much-needed financial support as well as other essential goods and services. Funds raised by the local Royal LePage offices remain in their local community and because Royal LePage pays the costs of administration, 100% of all money and effort goes toward the cause.
- In addition to helping victims, we also work hard to prevent domestic violence. With our national partner, the Canadian Women’s Foundation, we provide grants to provincial agencies that help women gain independence and economic self-sufficiency.
- The Royal LePage Shelter Foundation is also a major financial contributor to the Fourth R, a high school program for preventing dating violence, substance abuse, and risky sexual practices.